13.12.13

Burger & Lobster, London UK

When I found out that we were moving to London, millions of things were running through my mind, one of which was: what/where are the best places to eat? I searched all over the internet - several listed were fancy, expensive Michelin starred restaurants, another I came across was London's most famous afternoon tea at the Ritz Carlton, but one that made it onto many lists was Burger & Lobster.


I'm going to deviate from Burger & Lobster for just a second and give a quick mention to the Ritz afternoon tea, which I went to on Wednesday to celebrate my sister's fifteenth birthday. Just a heads up: if you're planning to go, you need to make reservations several weeks - if not months - in advance! I loved getting dressed up and walking into the classy hotel. We were seated on a lovely corner table and the area was gorgeously decorated with christmas decorations. Because tis' the season, we were treated to a christmas afternoon tea (minced pies, christmas cake and champagne included!) and live carol singers. Everything from the finger sandwiches to the scones to the pastries was very delicately crafted to perfection. The scones were only brought out when we wanted them so they were warm, and oh my gosh, that strawberry jam was absolutely divine. There are 15+ varieties of tea and you are allowed to sample as many as you wish. Same goes for the food - you can get more of anything your heart desires. When I walked out of the hotel, I was pretty sure I wouldn't eat anything for the next few days or maybe even weeks. But, unsurprisingly, that changed the moment I woke up the next morning!

Oops. I guess that wasn't as long as I had expected...

The next day, I ended up going for lunch to Burger & Lobster with my mom (Mayfair branch). It was 12:30 pm on a weekday and jam packed. The waiter told us we had a 45 minute wait ahead of us, but we were most willing.

We waited by the bar and watched trays and trays of food go by. I was definitely getting hungry by this point. Luckily, we got a table soon enough. Burger & Lobster has only three items on it's "menu" (if it can even be called that seeing as we didn't even get a menu - just drinks). Burger. Lobster. Lobster Roll. All three served with a side salad and french fries. Both my mom and I went for the lobster roll: a grilled garlic bread brioche most generously stuffed with large chunks of fresh lobster in a light coating of mayo and topped with a garnish. Even the fries were perfection - the right thickness, crispiness and saltiness.
All in all, I had the most wonderful lunch with my mom. It's been so nice catching up. I didn't realize how much I had missed our dates. Good food with even better company and some stunning blue skies and sunshine definitely made for a great day.

P.S. Yes, the fact that I've been eating lots and lots of indulgent and yummy food is true BUT I have also been going to the gym every morning, so if it seems like I'm running low on the fitness, I promise I'm not! 

P.P.S. If you love food, embrace it.

P.P.P.S. But don't forget to stay balanced in all aspects of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment